RELEASE AND INDEMNITY
TO: THE NC ROTARY CLUB, THE NEW CARLISLE ROTARY CLUB FOUNDATION, PINK RIBBON GIRLS, and their agents, servants, stockholders, employees, representatives, and successors (collectively, “Releasee”).
IN CONSIDERATION OF being permitted to participate in “The Push Up Challenge Event” (“Event”), the Participant, on his behalf and on behalf of Participant’s descendants, ancestors, dependents, heirs, executors, administrators, and assigns (collectively, “Participant” whether one or more than one) hereby:
1. Acknowledges that the Participant's participation in the Event may include activities that may be hazardous to the Participant and assumes the risk of injury or harm associated with such participation (activities may include, but are not limited to: doing push-ups, intense physical activity, physical activity for an extended period of time.
2. Releases and forever discharges Releasee of and from all liability, claims, demands, damages, costs, expenses, actions and causes of action (collectively "Claims") with respect to death, injury, loss or damage to the Participant or the property of the Participant howsoever caused, arising or to arise by reason of or during Participant’s participation in the Event, whether prior to, during or subsequent to the Participant’s attendance and notwithstanding that any Claim may have been contributed to or occasioned by the negligence of Releasee.
3. Agrees to Indemnify and hold harmless the Releasee from and against any and all liability arising as a result of or in any way connected to the Participant’s participation in the Event.
4. Understands and acknowledges that Releasee does not carry or maintain health, medical or disability insurance coverage for the Participant and therefore agrees to assume responsibility for such insurance coverage on the Participant.
5. Agrees that in the event that any provision of this Release and Indemnity is held to be invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity or unenforceability of such provision will not affect the remaining provisions of this Release and Indemnity, which shall continue to be enforceable.
6. States that if this Release and Indemnity is being signed on behalf of any minor child that the Participant has the legal authority to sign this Release and Indemnity of behalf of any such minor child.
I HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE READING, UNDERSTANDING AND AGREEING WITH THE FOREGOING.